Collection Team Manager Position
Commercial Capital Company, LLC is a locally owned family leasing business that has been serving businesses and individuals in the Kansas City Metro area for over 30 years with their equipment financing needs. We have achieved ongoing stability and growth, and offer a relaxed, family-oriented atmosphere. This position offers a flexible start time and is Monday – Friday with no required weekends.
We are looking for an experienced Collections Team Manager to sit out of our Overland Park home office and oversee a team of 4-6 collection agents and assist with the collections process. We expect this Collections Manager to maintain our client relationships while also ensuring timely payments through strong analytical skills, clear and professional communication, trustworthiness, and negotiation tactics. Ideally, this individual will have strong people leadership skills, have extensive knowledge of collection laws, be able to work independently, and motivate a team of Collection Specialist team members.
The Collections Team Manager has the following responsibilities and duties:
- Oversee team members to ensure the accurate and timely invoicing of customers.
- Create and implement processes to improve the collection of debt.
- Set payment collection goals and objectives for the team.
- Motivate, delegate, train and manage direct reports.
- Implement policies and procedures to avoid excessive outstanding debt.
- Track incoming and delinquent payments in CRM in a timely manner.
- Ensure company policy on debt recovery is followed and is in line with state and federal regulations.
- Negotiate payment arrangements with customers.
- Handle tasks with discretion and integrity.
- Communicate effectively and proactively with coworkers, sales team & vendors.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by executive leadership.
- Provide outstanding customer service.
- Uphold our core values.
- Strive for solutions to problems.
- Continuously strive for improvement.
The Collections Team Manager should have the following skills, education, and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, or business OR equivalent years of experience.
- 3-5 years’ experience as a Collections Manager.
- Knowledge of billing procedures and collection techniques (e.g., skip tracing)
- Familiarity with laws related to debt collection (e.g., FDCPA)
- Proficiency in computer skills such as web applications, Salesforce, and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong Customer Service Skills.
- Excellent analytical skills and an eye for detail
- The ability to work independently and accurately.
- Exceptional leadership and managerial skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong time management and people management skills.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines.
Apply to this position by sharing your resume with us – Submit your cover letter resume.
Job Type: Full-time
- AD&D and Disability insurance
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Generous paid time off
- Parental leave
- Monday to Friday
- Flexible start and end time
- No weekends or holidays
Work setting: Office
Application Question(s): Are you familiar with laws relating to debt collection (e.g. FDCPA)?
- Management: 5 years (Required)
- Collections: 5 years (Required)
Work Location: In person
Our Core Values
Commercial Capital provides the best capital equipment financing experience to individual businesses and equipment vendors. We are a family-owned lease financing company that understands that each business has individual capital-financing needs. Our team works one-on-one with business owners and equipment vendors to find the right lease-financing option to suit each capital-equipment purchase.
Do the Right Thing
- No amount of money is worth betraying a trust.
- Do the right thing even if it’s not easy.
Caring & Compassion
- We build up one another.
- We pitch in and help when we see a need.
- We strive to treat everyone with respect.
Tenacious… We find a way
- We stay focused… we don’t give up.
- We’re motivated by challenges and see obstacles as opportunities.
- We are open to new ideas.
- We identify opportunities for personal growth.
- We’re not complacent. Each of us are a work in progress.
Tell Us About Yourself!
Choose your career path. Get started today by submitting your resume.
Commercial Capital Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.