Collection Specialist Position
Commercial Capital Company, LLC is a locally owned family leasing business that has been serving businesses and individuals in the Kansas City Metro area for over 30 years with their equipment financing needs. We have achieved ongoing stability and growth, and offer a relaxed, family-oriented atmosphere. This position offers work from home, hybrid, or in-office with a flexible start time.
We are looking for an experienced, reliable, and qualified Collections Specialist who will report to the Collections Manager. This position can be performed remotely, hybrid, or in-office based on the employee’s needs. This individual will identify and track outstanding customer debt and will be responsible for contacting debtors, organizing payment plans, maintaining paper trails, and planning courses of action to recover outstanding debts. Candidates for this position should have exceptional customer service, organizational and communication skills, and great interpersonal abilities. This collections specialist will maintain our client relationships while also ensuring timely payments through strong analytical skills, clear and professional communication, trustworthiness, and negotiation tactics. The Collections Specialist should be able to work independently, communicate effectively, and have strong negotiating skills. Bi-lingual is preferred but not required.
The Collection Specialist has the following responsibilities and duties:
- Track incoming and delinquent payments in CRM in a timely manner.
- Initiate late payment notices to relevant parties.
- Ensure company policy on debt recovery is followed and is in line with state and federal regulations.
- Place phone calls and or emails to customers regarding accounts and collect payment.
- Negotiate payment arrangements with customers.
- Handle tasks with discretion and integrity.
- Communicate effectively and proactively with coworkers, sales team & vendors.
- Ability to analyze problems and strategize for solutions effectively
- Perform additional duties as assigned by executive leadership.
- Provide outstanding customer service.
- Uphold our core values.
- Strive for solutions to problems.
- Continuously strive for improvement and success.
The Collection Specialist should have the following skills, education, and experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent; bachelor’s degree in finance, or business preferred.
- Bi-lingual preferred.
- Five years’ experience in collections or related field.
- Customer Service experience.
- Organized and efficient.
- Self-motivated & self-directed.
- Proficiency in computer skills such as Web applications, Microsoft Office Suite, and email
- Knowledge of billing procedures and collection techniques (e.g., skip tracing)
- Familiarity with laws related to debt collection (e.g., FDCPA)
- Proficiency in computer skills such as web applications, Salesforce, and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent analytical skills and an eye for detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong time management skills.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines.
Apply to this position by sharing your resume with us – Submit your resume.
Job Type: Full-time
- AD&D and Disability insurance
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Generous paid time off
- Parental leave
- Monday to Friday
- Flexible start and end time
- No weekends or holidays
Work setting: Office
Application Question(s): Are you familiar with laws relating to debt collection (e.g. FDCPA)?
Work Location: In person
Our Core Values
Commercial Capital provides the best capital equipment financing experience to individual businesses and equipment vendors. We are a family-owned lease financing company that understands that each business has individual capital-financing needs. Our team works one-on-one with business owners and equipment vendors to find the right lease-financing option to suit each capital-equipment purchase.
Do the Right Thing
- No amount of money is worth betraying a trust.
- Do the right thing even if it’s not easy.
Caring & Compassion
- We build up one another.
- We pitch in and help when we see a need.
- We strive to treat everyone with respect.
Tenacious… We find a way
- We stay focused… we don’t give up.
- We’re motivated by challenges and see obstacles as opportunities.
- We are open to new ideas.
- We identify opportunities for personal growth.
- We’re not complacent. Each of us are a work in progress.
Tell Us About Yourself!
Choose your career path. Get started today by submitting your resume.
Commercial Capital Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.