Accounts Receivable Clerk Position
Commercial Capital Company, LLC is a locally owned family leasing business that has been serving businesses and individuals in the Kansas City Metro area for over 30 years with their equipment financing needs. We have achieved ongoing stability and growth, and offer a relaxed, family-oriented atmosphere. This position offers work from home, hybrid, or in-office with a flexible start time.
The Accounts Receivable Clerk will assist in ensuring that the company receives payment for goods and services offered to clients.
The Accounts Receivable Clerk has the following responsibilities and duties:
- Prepares, posts, verifies, and records customer payments and transactions related to accounts receivable.
- Creates invoices according to company practices; submits invoices to customers.
- Maintains and updates customer files, including name or address changes, mergers, or mailing attentions.
- Responsible for daily electronic deposits.
- Helping to run customer ACH payments.
- Drafts correspondence for standard past-due accounts and collections, identifies delinquent accounts by reviewing files, and contacts delinquent accountholders to request payment.
- Creates reports regarding the status of customer accounts as requested.
- Research customer discrepancies and past-due amounts with the assistance of the Collections Manager and other staff.
- Collaborates with the Collections Manager to reconcile accounts receivable on a periodic (at least bimonthly) basis.
- Assists in generating monthly billing statements based on the general ledger.
- Assists the Accounting Manager in reconciling revenue accounts each month.
- Copies, files, and retrieves materials for accounts receivable as needed.
- Communicates changes of information to appropriate employees.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
The Accounts Receivable Clerk should have the following skills, education, and experience:
- 1 year of Accounts Receivable experience required, 3-5 years preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software as well as other accounting software programs.
- Intermediate to Advanced Microsoft Excel/Google Sheets skills
- Ability to operate related office equipment, such as computers, 10-key calculator, and copier.
- Ability to work independently and in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to anticipate work needs and interact professionally with customers.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
Apply to this position by sharing your resume with us – Submit your contact letter and resume.
Job Type: Full-time
- AD&D and Disability insurance
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Generous paid time off
- Parental leave
- Monday to Friday
- Flexible start and end time
- No weekends or holidays
Work setting: Office
Work Location: In person
Our Core Values
Commercial Capital provides the best capital equipment financing experience to individual businesses and equipment vendors. We are a family-owned lease financing company that understands that each business has individual capital-financing needs. Our team works one-on-one with business owners and equipment vendors to find the right lease-financing option to suit each capital-equipment purchase.
Do the Right Thing
- No amount of money is worth betraying a trust.
- Do the right thing even if it’s not easy.
Caring & Compassion
- We build up one another.
- We pitch in and help when we see a need.
- We strive to treat everyone with respect.
Tenacious… We find a way
- We stay focused… we don’t give up.
- We’re motivated by challenges and see obstacles as opportunities.
- We are open to new ideas.
- We identify opportunities for personal growth.
- We’re not complacent. Each of us are a work in progress.
Tell Us About Yourself!
Choose your career path. Get started today by submitting your resume.
Commercial Capital Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.